Forth Clyde Canal

While in Glasgow for a short while, I've been exploring the area by going for runs and cycle rides. On Friday the weather was absolutely lush. It finally felt like summer and I didn't need to worry about weather waterproofs for once. Initially I set off for a short cycle ride. However, this somehow turned into a 21 mile cycle. I followed the track alongside the Forth Clyde Canal. Unlike some canals, the route was well suited to all kinds of bikes as it was fairly flat and well maintained. As you can see from the photos, it doesn't take long to escape the city's buzz and reach some stunning views of the fells to the North. I believe the canal runs the whole way to Edinburgh and I'm hoping to cycle those 60 odd miles by the end of summer. For now though, my legs need a well deserved rest.





1 comment: